9-1047871_154322081418509_820533621_o.jpg

Facebook / All Jewish Travel

The Great Synagogue in the oldest populated city of Constanta was built between 1911 and 1914. A small Jewish community still used it in 1996 to hold services. The only living creatures there now are dogs and pigeons. The synagogue now has trees growing inside, the roof is collapsing at spots and it is stated that one of the walls has begun to collapse. Efforts to keep vandals away and to restore the building have been unsuccessful.