Amazing WTF Olympics Stories from Across the Web
The Olympics spawn a series of weird, hilarious, interesting and totally WTF stories and revelations, but unless you spend your days trolling the internet (er… researching and writing, boss!) like we do, it’s impossible to keep up. So, we put the best articles, pictures and facts together in one place for your reading pleasure. Enjoy!
- Some Olympic athletes have HUGE THIGHS. We’re talking thighs that more closely resemble a cartoon mad scientist’s bulging, veiny head than anything that dons a pair of jeans. [Via Buzzfeed]
- Divers make the best worst-faces imaginable when they dive. Uncontrollable laughter will likely ensue when you see the photos. [Via The FW.]
- The Onion has a special report devoted to the Games. Favorite headlines include: "U.S. Men's Gymnastics Team Thinks It Has Let Entire Nation Down" and "Michael Phelps Using Rosetta Stone to Brush Up on His English." Pure gold. [Via The Onion]
- In a BBC interview with Chad Le Clos' father, the emotional man is a mix of happiness and the speaking style of the Cookie Monster. [Via Deadspin]
- 4,437: The number of crystals on each leotard worn by the U.S. women’s gymnastics team. Grand total? Way too many crystals. [Via WSJ]
- Happy swimmers almost look like the world’s cutest hand-holding otters. [Via Jezebel]
- London mayor tries to celebrate Britian's first gold medal, but he just gets stuck in the middle of a zipline while people laugh and take pictures. [Via Gawker]
- Bring back the Tug of War! 12 sports that didn't make the Olympic cut. [Via Mental_floss]
- Man spontaneously decides to swim across the Atlantic in the name the "Olympic spirit." Bet you can guess how this one turned out.
What did we miss? Tell us on Facebook or in the comments!