The Best 7 Adventures to do in Yosemite National Park
From the trees, to mountains, high cliffs and stunning waters, if you have a love for nature you will have a great appreciation for Yosemite.
If you are planning a trip Yosemite, first decide which season you plan to visit. In the warmer months there are a variety of water sports at your disposal. From swimming in their outdoor pools to going on a rafting adventure, Yosemite will not disappoint. If you chose to visit during the colder months, gear up for some of the most incredible cross-country skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing around.
Here is the Best 7 Adventure to do in Yosemite National Park
1. Visit Yosemite Falls: Yosemite Falls is one of the world’s tallest falls at 2,425-feet. It is made up of three separate falls; the Upper Yosemite Fall, the middle cascades and the Lower Yosemite Fall. If you are up for it, take an all-day hike to the top of the falls for incredible views. Other falls located in Yosemite National Park include Sentinel Falls, Ribbon Fall and Bridalveil Fall.
2. Go Rock Climbing: The National Park Service considers Yosemite National Park “one of the world’s greatest climbing areas.” They have more than 3,000-foot rock walls, some of which demand advanced climbing strength and technique. The Yosemite Mountaineering School & Guide Service offers guides and private lessons for climbers with beginner, intermediate and advanced abilities.
3. Water Sports- The summer is one of the best times of the year to visit Yosemite National Park. Go swimming in their outdoor pools or even take a dip in the Dana Fork of the Tuolumne River. Also, go on boating and rafting adventures along the Merced River.
5. Take a Full-Moon Bike Ride: Explore Yosemite on a two-hour full moon bike ride. Follow the park ranger as you observe spectacular views of the night sky, the incredible moon and beautiful stars.
6. Winter Sports- Yosemite National Park is home to the oldest downhill skiing area in California. During the winter go cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowboarding, downhill skiing and ice skating on their outdoor ice skating rink.
7. Horseback Riding- Take a Guided mule ride or go on a horseback riding adventure through Yosemite Valley. Big Trees Lodge Stable offers two-hour and half-day rides. Ride through the Meadow Loop Trail on the two hour ride and ride up into the mountain trails on the half-day ride (travelyosemite.com).