The best CeraVe lotion
There is a multitude of reasons your skin may be left feeling dry and rough. The weather could be cold and dry. You may have spent too much time in the sun. You could be dehydrated or you could be using abrasive soaps. No matter the cause, using a good lotion is an easy way to make yourself feel good again.
The best CeraVe lotion is the CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion. Apply it in the morning for an all-day effect, plus it has a sun protection factor of 30.
What to know before you buy a CeraVe lotion
Like most lotion manufacturers, CeraVe makes products for the body, face and hands.
- Body lotions tend to be thicker than face moisturizers. They also contain general ingredients aimed at protecting the skin and keeping natural moisture intact.
- Face lotions are thinner and more specialized. They focus on eliminating wrinkles and lines and shrinking pores.
- Hand lotions tend to be the thickest and are usually classified as creams rather than lotions. After all, it is your hands that do all the work so of course, they need the most product.
CeraVe products come in one of three types of containers.
- Pump: All CeraVe lotions come in pump bottles of varying sizes. These are hands-free and mess-free but you won’t be able to use all of the lotion because some will always be left in the bottle.
- Tube: One CeraVe lotion comes in a tube, though even it uses a small pump. CeraVe products in standard tube containers include specialized creams such as those for your hands.
- Canister: Only thick creams are found in CeraVe canisters. If your skin is especially dry it may be worth considering one of these creams for your body instead of a lotion.
How much product a container can have depends on the type of container.
- Pump containers typically come in 2-, 3-, 8-, 12- and 19-ounce sizes.
- Tube containers typically come in one-half-, 1.7- and 1.76-ounce sizes.
- Canister containers typically come in 1.7-, 1.89-, 8-, 16-, 19-, and 31-ounce sizes.
CeraVe lotion features
Some CeraVe lotions are formulated to have extra effects past what a lotion normally does. The most popular extra effects are for soothing itches and burns and for easing rough and bumpy skin.
Morning and night
CeraVe offers a two-step, two-product facial lotion regimen. One product for right after you wake up and one for right before you go to sleep.
- Morning: The morning lotion is thicker than the night lotion to be effective all day. It aims to keep the skin moisturized and protected. It also includes SPF 30 sun protection so you don’t need to double up on products to prevent burns.
- Night: The night lotion is ultralightweight so you don’t wake up in the morning feeling thick and gunky. It continues the skin moisturization and protection started by the morning lotion.
CeraVe lotion cost
They can cost as little as $10 or as much as $40. Smaller quantities and formulae with fewer bonus effects cost less than larger quantities and special formulas.
CeraVe lotion FAQ
Does CeraVe offer special lotions for babies?
A. Yes, CeraVe has a baby lotion specially designed not to irritate your baby's sensitive skin. It’s full of ceramides, vitamins B3 and E and contains no oils, parabens or fragrances.
How often do I need to apply lotion?
A. That depends on how much moisture your body needs and what part of the body you’re applying your lotion to. Your hands can have lotion applied after each time you wash them. Your face and body usually just need an application either in the morning, at night before bed or at both times if your skin is particularly dry.
Which CeraVe lotion should I get?
Best of the best CeraVe lotion
Our take: A quick application of this after your morning shower helps you feel good all day long.
What we like: It’s oil-free so oily skin types can use it safely and your face won’t be left feeling liquidy after application. It’s also fragrance-free and has SPF 30 for extra protection. Hyaluronic acid helps your skin retain moisture and vitamin B3 helps keep your skin calm.
What we dislike: It doesn’t apply well on top of other products such as vitamin C serums. A few consumers had issues with the lotion clumping upon application.
Best bang for your buck CeraVe lotion
Our take: This is the perfect all-around option, plus it has a large quantity for a low cost.
What we like: It absorbs quickly so as not to leave a sticky residue and the hyaluronic acid helps the skin retain its natural moisture. It contains no oils or fragrances. It comes in 12- and 19-ounce sizes. It ships with a clip that prevents accidental pumps.
What we dislike: It isn’t moisturizing enough for especially dry skin. A few customers reacted poorly and had breakouts. Others had issues receiving lotion that smelled unpleasant.
Honorable mention CeraVe lotion
Our take: If you spent too much time in the sun or got bit by a nasty bug yesterday, apply this lotion today.
What we like: It’s designed to relieve itching caused by sunburns, bug bites, contact with poison ivy or oak and dry skin. Itch relief can trigger in as fast as two minutes and can last for up to eight hours. It comes in 8- or 19-ounce sizes.
What we dislike: Some purchasers received bottles with broken pumps. Others found it to be too thick and had to add some water to cut it.
Want to shop the best products at the best prices? Check out Daily Deals from BestReviews.
Sign up here to receive the BestReviews weekly newsletter for useful advice on new products and noteworthy deals.
Jordan C. Woika is a writer for BestReviews. BestReviews is a product review company with a singular mission: to help simplify your purchasing decisions and save you time and money.
BestReviews spends thousands of hours researching, analyzing and testing products to recommend the best picks for most consumers. BestReviews and its newspaper partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
© 2022 BestReviews. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC