I know, it is easier said than done. Sometimes we are exhausted and the enthusiasm to wake up earlier and workout just isn’t there. Some of the best ways to motivate yourself include signing up for a morning fitness class, setting goals, working out with someone else and thinking positive.
Here are 6 reasons why you should exercise in the morning.
1. Metabolism Boost- Exercising in the morning gets your heart rate up, boosts your metabolism and helps you burn more calories throughout the day. Other ways to boost your metabolism include eating breakfast, drinking green tea, turning up the A.C. and drinking coffee.
2. You Will Feel Less Stressed- Exercising in the morning has been shown to help reduce stress. According to the ADAA, “studies show that it is very effective at reducing fatigue, improving alertness and concentration, and at enhancing overall cognitive function. This can be especially helpful when stress has depleted your energy or ability to concentrate."
3. More Energy for the Day- Wake up and workout for increased energy. It has been proven that regular exercise has the ability to fight fatigue, enhance your energy, improve your muscle strength and boost your endurance.
4. Your Mood Will Improve- If you are anxious, depressed or just in a bad mood consider working out in the morning. When you exercise your body releases endorphins. Endorphins are linked to your brain; they help reduce your awareness of pain by triggering positive feelings in your mind and body.
5. You Will Sleep Better at Night- A study by the National Sleep Foundation concluded that people sleep much better and they feel more alert during the day if they get at least 150 minutes of exercise a week. Tip: Sleep better at night with the Cool Down Pillow by sleep technology company Reverie®.
6. You Will be More Focused at Work- If you have been having trouble concentrating at work, you may need to change around your morning routine. A quick workout can make all the difference. Exercise helps improve your overall productivity and concentration. According to research, regular exercise releases brain chemicals which are key for memory, concentration and mental sharpness.