Fitness Tip of the Day: Nutrition Trumps Exercise

Reach your full potential by focusing on your diet first

For those who have been sedentary for a while but have decided it’s time for a change, my advice is to start off by focusing on your nutrition. 

You need to clean up your nutrition first because it can really make a big difference. For instance you can walk on a treadmill for an extended period of time to burn a small amount of calories or you can make wise food choices and save yourself from eating hundreds if not thousands of extra calories a day.

Remember this common saying: “75% of weight loss happens in the kitchen, the remaining 25% happens in the gym.” Work on that 75% first! Even if you are in great shape, your main focus should be about what goes into your body to really achieve your true potential.

Josh Anderson is an AFAA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer and the CEO of Always Active Athletics.

Let's Be Friends. Follow The Active Times on Facebook!

Most Recent

questions to ask your doctor
These simple inquiries can make a huge difference in the quality of your care
Once-Popular Vacation Spots People Don’t Visit Like They Used To
Look back in time for travel inspiration today
dangerous bug bites
Don’t ignore it if you see these tiny bites on your skin