It's time to clean out the Garage Mahal. Not only will you be better organized for warm-weather adventures ("Where did that bike tool go?"), it's also a chance to inspect and clean all of your gear. It's easier to do outside, in better-quality natural light. Just haul it all out to the driveway, spread it out and examine one piece of gear at a time:
1. Check canoes and kayaks for hull damage.
2. Give your bike a thorough once-over and cleaning.
3. Dust off and waterproof your hiking boots.
4. Check climbing ropes for fraying or other signs of stress.
5. Hey, we can't make the whole list for you.… Get to it!