At some point or another, we have all put something in the microwave and freaked out when we saw sparks flying. Maybe you left a metal fork in your dish by accident or you didn’t realize your food wasn’t in a microwave safe container. You’re not alone.
Microwaving something produces heat and causes a chemical reaction. Although there are many things you can put in the microwave, there are a few surprising items that you cannot. Accidently microwaving the wrong foods or containers can result in exposure to toxic chemicals and fires.