The runner who's willing to brave the harshest of winter elements is a special kind of athlete.
While most of us would rather opt for the treadmill (or even better, curling up on the couch with a good book or movie), when freezing temperatures, gusty winds, and sometimes even snow become a part of the equation, the toughest of runners continue to take their workouts outside.
Read more: How to Dress for Winter Running
Of course, when the weather gets cold a runner's mind tends to churn out a slew of inevitable thoughts. Some are deep, others are questionable, a few are hilarious, but all of them reveal the inspiring
stubbornness resiliency of the winter runner.
-12 Thoughts Every Runner Has While Running in the Cold-
1. "Are my hands going to fall off?" - @mollyrunsforlife
2. "This better be making me mentally stronger." - @mollyrunsforlife
3. "I'm amazed at the quantity of snot I can produce." - @briananmhatcher
4. "How long until my water freezes?" - @marathonmom10
5. "Mostly obscenities." - @goodseednutrtion
6. "The harder I run, the warmer it gets." - @shcarter2004
7. "Why don't I live in Florida?" - @runner_em262
8. "I must be mad." - @lisa_gaul_
9. "I wish I had brought a tissue." - @juliehurd
12. "It's not that bad… right?" - @melitzki
11. "It's so beautiful." - @annerunz
12. "Please don't slip. Please don't slip. Please don't slip." - @smilefchik
Related: 5 Tips for Winter Running