Tumacácori National Historical Park
Tumacácori National Historical Park in the upper Santa Cruz River Valley of southern Arizona is comprised of the abandoned ruins of three ancient Spanish colonial missions in southern Arizona: Tumacácori, Guevavi, and Calabazas. The adobe structures are on three sites, with a visitor center at Tumacácori. These missions are among more than twenty established in the Pimería Alta by Father Kino and other Jesuits, and later expanded upon by Franciscan missionaries. San José de Tumacácori and Los Santos Ángeles de Guevavi, established in 1691, are the two oldest missions in Arizona. The third unit, San Cayetano de Calabazas, was established in 1756. Visitation to the Guevavi and Calabazas units is available only by reservation during monthly tours guided by the Park staff. All visitor services and Park operations are based out of the Tumacácori unit.
Seasonality / Weather
Open 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily, except Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day, when the Park is closed.
Tumacácori National Historical Park is located at exit 29 off of Interstate 19, fifty miles south of Tucson, Arizona and eighteen miles north of the international border with Mexico at Nogales, Arizona/Sonora.