You feel like you’re doing everything right – eating foods high in nutrients and exercising on a daily basis. But for some reason, when you step on the scale, you see the number isn’t changing. So, what are you doing wrong? How can you change your diet so that you begin to see results?
The first step is to acknowledge the mistakes you are making. You could be exercising daily, but if you are not drinking enough water, you are less likely to shed pounds, and if you skip breakfast, you slow down your metabolism, ultimately resulting in fewer calories burned throughout the day.
Don’t get discouraged, there are easy ways to adjust your diet and start seeing results.
Here are 5 Diet Mistakes You’re Making
1. Not Eating Enough- In order to lose weight, you have to eat. Eat smaller portions, more frequently throughout the day, instead of three large meals during the day. This will help keep your metabolism revved up and prevent you from overeating.
2. Not Sleeping Enough- In order for your body to burn the necessary calories throughout the day, you must get a good amount of sleep. Research has found that, your body burns calories while you sleep, and if you sleep on average 8 hours a night, you are less likely to find yourself craving unhealthy foods. *See: 20 Things You Shouldn’t Do Before Bed
3. Skipping Breakfast- We have all heard it before, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But, it really is. Skipping breakfast causes your blood sugar drop, making you even hungrier for your next meal. By the time lunch comes around, you end up eating way more than you normally would. So, trick your mind into eating less all day by just having breakfast in the morning.
4. Not Checking Nutrition Facts- Even the healthiest of foods may contain harmful amounts of calories and fat. It’s important to check the nutrition facts, even on gluten-free and organic foods.
5. Not Drinking Enough Water- Drinking water is essential for proper bodily function. Without it, you may find yourself dehydrated. Drinking water can help you feel fuller, keep your metabolism working efficiently and provide you with energy. Tip: Get in the routine of drinking warm lemon water every morning. Lemon water helps your body eliminate waste products, while aiding in the body’s digestive system. It detoxes your body, rejuvenates your skin, boosts your mood, cleanses your liver and helps relieve heart burn.