Drink Up: Try These 8 Extreme Beers
In the brewing process, a little creativity can help develop unique beer flavors. Everything from peppercorns to chocolate to pumpkin can give a pilsner or stout its stand-out character.
But can you take creativity too far?
Inspired by the creation of a beer made from bull testacles, Men’s Health created a list of extreme beers that are more palatable for your common bar-goer.
Our favorite from the list is Brauerei Schloss Eggenberg Samichlaus Bier, a brew created in Eggenberg Castle in Austraia every December 6—the day of Saint Nicholas in Europe. The recipe dates back to 1980, and is still a popular seasonal beer today. Even though it’s a rare beer, it’s easy to find in Austria and will only run you $5-6 per 11-ounce bottle.
Take a gander at the full list below and then visit the original article to read the full descriptions.
1. Brauerei Schloss Eggenberg Samichlaus Bier
2. Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
3. Dogfish Head Worldwide Stout
4. Samuel Adams Utopias
5. Dogfish Head 120-Minute IPA
6. North Coast Old Stock Ale Cellar Reserve 2009
7. Dogfish Head Olde School Barley Wine
8. Nøgne Ø Dark Horizon (2nd Edition)